Fallin in love with prophet Mohammad, American converted to Islam

Everybody get God’s guidance to know Islam in different ways. An American named Gary Matthew Clement (46), father of a son, had declared to be a moslem in 2011. Unlike another foreigner who converted because of marriage. Clement converted to Islam due to his curiosity about Islam.

“I knew Islam for the first time from my Facebook friend based in London. He is a moslem. I Asked him a lot about Islam that I never known before. I also read some books, of course, but just few information there. Those books contain some materials like moslem must pray 5 times a day and pray only to one god,” said Gary.

His curiosity was getting bigger when his friend told him about prophet Mohammad. Gary said that he was amazed when he found that Mohammad was given Koran despite he is illiterate.

“Such a great story and how come Mohammad told people about Islam passively,” he added.
Thus, Gary started to look for everything about the prophet that such stories are really hard to find, especially in USA. At the time, his friend was really helpful by sending him book of Mohammad. Day by day Gary read that book that has 800 pages. More and more he read, his curiosity has become bigger and bigger.

“I I have read book that has 800 pages for a month. It was difficult for me when reading Arabian. So I need a quite long time to read. Every night I read that book until I fallen sleep,”.

Then Gary started to know Koran. Just like before, Gary found it is hard to find well and depth translated Koran. Finally he found the Koran that created by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.

“When I found the Koran, I started from Christian chapter. I was amazed because everything explained directly and easily. Soon after that I decide to convert to Islam in July 2011,”

“I did my sahadah in front of people who don’t know why I become a moslem in Atlanta. And people said welcome brother,” said Gary, impressed by the act.

Gary chose Islam with firm believe. He believes that sahadah has changed him completely. To trust that god is only one and prophet Mohammad is the messenger.

“Sahada is about your faith that Mohammad is a prophet and believing one god. I believe that Islam not only a religion but the way of life,” he added.
Gary and his wife





Comments